Baked apples are an easy and healthy way to enjoy the flavors of fall. You can easily make just one for yourself, or several for your whole family. Consider trying this recipe for dessert on a cool evening!
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp oats (steel cut or rolled)
Cinnamon (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut apple in half. Core the apple first, or scoop or cut out the seeded center.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oats to the center of each piece of apple
4. Drizzle 1 tbsp maple syrup over each piece of apple
5. Sprinkle cinnamon over each piece of apple
6. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes. Allow apple to cool some before eating.